All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.34Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £19.47Trending at £25.01
- £6.32Trending at £6.99
About this product
- DescriptionSharon Poole's new book uncovers many of the changes that Weston has seen over the years, comparing old photographs with the scene today. Dramatic developments are complemented by surprising survivals - remnants of the past that remain unchanged in the modern town. The illustrations are accompanied by Sharon's in-depth and knowledgeable text.
- Author BiographySharon Poole moved to Weston in 1971, the same year she began to work for the Museum Service. Part of her work at this time involved compiling a photographic record of Weston and the many changes that were occurring during this period. Over the subsequent years Sharon became curator of the local and social history collections at North Somerset Museum. Her first book was published in 1987 and since then she has written many more on Weston and the surrounding area. She left the Museum Service in 2001 but continues to take an active interest in the history of Weston and currently works as a freelance speaker, writer, and researcher.
- Author(s)Sharon Poole
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.