Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £12.06Trending at £15.18
- £10.75Trending at £12.37
- £3.99Trending at £6.98
- £11.33Trending at £14.48
- £9.97Trending at £10.99
- £4.63Trending at £5.98
- £11.51Trending at £11.98
About this product
- DescriptionSuggesting an alternative to traditional criteria used when considering budget cuts, this guide shows school leaders how to draw on brain research in their decision-making process.
- Author BiographyKaren D. Olsen is author, co-author, and contributing editor of two dozen books focusing on using brain research to create schoolwide change. Her most recent book, What Brain Research Can Teach Us About Cutting School Budgets, is also published by Corwin Press. Her experience includes serving as executive director of the Mid-California Science Improvement Program (MCSIP), a ten-year effort funded by the David and Lucile Packard Foundation to improve science education using the ITI/HET model. She also served as executive director of the Bay Area Middle School Program, a project to create model middle schools. Olsen was one of the original founders of the California Institute of School Improvement, a non-profit organization designed to support schools and districts in a wide range of school change issues. As program director, she conducted seminars on a range of topics including implications of recent legislation, schoolwide planning and program quality review processes, and the role of mentor teachers as change agents. Addtional experience includes planning and development for the California State Department of Education.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication16/02/2010
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byKaren D. Olsen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.