Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.39Trending at £5.51
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.10Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £9.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
- £13.65Trending at £14.06
- £18.71Trending at £20.39
About this product
- DescriptionProvides practical health information for people living with HIV and their significant others. This title gives information to help individuals with HIV navigate the healthcare system, offering coverage ranging from receiving an initial HIV test to becoming an engaged member of their healthcare team.
- Author BiographyRose Farnan, RN, BSN, ACRN has been actively involved in the care of people living with HIV since 1991. In her current role as Infectious Diseases Program Manager at Truman Medical Centre she has implemented several HIV programs targeting those clients most at risk for being poorly engaged or lapsing out of care. These programs include a Treatment Adherence Program utilizing HIV peer educators, a Bilingual Care Team providing enhanced services for Spanish speaking clients, and facilitated a collaboration of healthcare providers providing care to pregnant women and children, the Positive Pregnancy Project, which works to decrease mother to infant HIV transmission. She has developed several educational tools including Taking Control: A Health Maintenance Workbook, The Positive Pregnancy Guide, and HIV Action Plans. |Maithe Enrique, PhD, RN, ANP is currently Associate Professor, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Nursing and Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. She has published widely on the issue of HIV and AIDS in professional journals such as the Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, AIDS Patient Care and STDs, and the Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. Maithe is a board member of the national Association of Nurses in AIDS Care and is very involved with the Hispanic Nurses society.
- Author(s)Maithe Enriquez,Rose Farnan
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication14/02/2012
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.