All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionOffers research-based teaching strategies for introducing prekindergarten and elementary school students to the content and skills recommended by the NCTM principles and standards for mathematics. This book presents 47 learning activities, each including: a concise statement of the teaching strategy; precautions and possible pitfalls; and more.
- Author BiographyEdward S. Wall is assistant professor of elementary mathematics education at the City College of the City University of New York. In 1968 he received his MA in mathematics at the University of Maryland and, after a number of years working as an applied mathematician, received a Sloan Foundation Fellowship for the purposes of pursuing a PhD in mathematical biology at the University of Chicago. Along the way, he became intrigued by the very notion of teaching mathematics and, after several years, found himself deeply involved in full-time K-12 mathematics teaching. In 2003 he received a PhD in mathematics education at the University of Michigan and subsequently joined the faculty at City College. He still finds himself intrigued by the very notion of teaching mathematics and his research reflects that fascination. Alfred S. Posamentier is professor of mathematics education and dean of the School of Education at the City College of the City University of New York. He has authored and co-authored several resource books in mathematics education for Corwin Press.
- Author(s)Alfred S. Posamentier,Edward S. Wall
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/09/2006
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.