All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £22.29Trending at £23.38
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £6.20Trending at £6.74
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for classes working with educational leaders, classroom teachers, sports coaches, and educational researchers, this book aims to document effective practices in urban schools and to provide insight into productive program building and educational practices.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jeffrey M.R. Duncan-Andrade is Assistant Professor of Raza Studies and Education at San Francisco State University. In addition to these duties, he continues as a high school teacher in East Oakland, where for the past 18 years he has practiced and studied the use of critical pedagogy in urban schools. Before joining the faculty at SFSU, Duncan-Andrade taught English and coached in the Oakland public schools for 10 years, and completed his doctoral studies at the University of California, Berkeley. Duncan-Andrade's research interests and publications span the areas of urban schooling and curriculum change, urban teacher development and retention, critical pedagogy, and cultural and ethnic studies. He co-authored The Art of Critical Pedagogy: Possibilities for Moving from Theory to Practice in Urban Schools and is currently completing his third book on the core competencies of highly effective urban educators.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Michael Reyes Duncan-Andrade
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number293
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight400 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.