All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is Gender? explores these complex and important questions, helping readers to critically analyze how women's and men's lives are shaped by the society in which they live. The book offers a comprehensive account of trends in sociological thinking, from a material and economic focus on gender inequalities to the debates about meaning initiated by the linguistic or cultural turn.
- Author BiographyMary Holmes is a sociologist at the University of Edinburgh. Her research is in the areas of sociology of emotion, intimacy and relationships and political sociology. She has taught sociology in Scotland, Australia and New Zealand. Her recent books include Distance Relationships: Intimacy and Emotions Amongst Academics and their Partners In Dual-Locations (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014) and Heterosexuality in Theory and Practice (with Chris Beasley and Heather Brook, Routledge, 2012).
- Author(s)Mary Holmes
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/06/2007
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.96Trending at £23.32
- £16.59Trending at £18.63
- £12.28Trending at £14.99
- £13.16Trending at £17.96
- £37.21Trending at £45.02
- £9.88Trending at £11.56
- £11.78Trending at £18.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.