All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the history of two millennia of Western and Chinese medicine from their beginnings in the centuries BCE through advances in sciences like molecular biology and in Western adaptations of Chinese medicine. This title relates the history of medicine in both Europe and China to changes in politics, economics, and other contextual factors.
- Author BiographyPaul U. Unschuld is Professor and Director of the Horst-Goertz Institute for the Theory, History, and Ethics of Chinese Life Sciences, Charite Medical University-Berlin. He is the author of numerous works on European medical history and Chinese medical history including Medicine in China: A History of Pharmaceutics and Huang Di Nei Jing Wen: Nature, Knowledge, Imagery in and Ancient Chinese Medical Text, both from UC Press. Karen Reimers, MD is a graduate of McGill University and the Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich.
- Author(s)Paul U. Unschuld
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication08/09/2009
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note4 b/w photographs
- Weight59 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byKaren Reimers
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.