CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £12.99Trending at £22.94
- £5.79Trending at £6.97
- £39.99Trending at £49.66
- £8.90Trending at £17.49
- £32.80Trending at £50.00
- £39.90Trending at £42.09
- £9.96Trending at £10.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhat Is Nanotechnology and Why Does It Matter? provides a balanced understanding of this important emerging technology and the social and ethical issues that come from it. The text starts with an introduction to the science of nanotechnology, and attends to basic issues and principles needed to evaluate nanotechnology's impact.
- Author BiographyFritz Allhoff is Assistant Professor in the Department of Philosophy at Western Michigan University, where he also holds an affiliation with the Mallinson Institute for Science Education. He has held fellowships at the Center for Philosophy of Science at the University of Pittsburgh and the Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics at the Australian National University. He has edited more than 20 books, including two on the social and ethical implications of nanotechnology. Patrick Lin is the director of Ethics + Emerging Sciences Group at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and holds academic appointments at Dartmouth College, US Naval Academy and Western Michigan University. He is also lead author of a recent major report funded by the Department of Navy entitled Autonomous Military Robotics: Risk, Ethics, and Design (2008), as well as other publications in technology ethics, including edited anthologies on nanoethics. Daniel Moore is a research scientist on nanoscale semiconductor solutions for IBM. He served on the Georgia Institute of Technology s honor committee and has received numerous fellowships, including the Molecular Design Institute Fellowship, the GT Nanoscience and Technology Fellowship, the School of Materials Science and Engineering Advanced Publication Award, the NSF STEP Fellowship, and a Sam Nunn Security Fellowship. His professional experience includes nanoscale research in other leading industry laboratories.
- Author(s)Daniel Moore,Fritz Allhoff,Patrick Lin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2010
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight628 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.