All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese outspoken intellectuals seek to reclaim people as an effective political concept by revisiting its uses and abuses over time. By engaging this topic linguistically, ethnically, culturally, and ontologically, these scholars help separate people from its fraught associations to pursue more vital formulations.
- Author BiographyAlain Badiou (PhD, Philosophy, Ecole Normale Superieure) holds the Rene Descartes Chair at the European Graduate School; he also teaches at the Ecole Normale Superieure and the College International de Philosophie in Paris. He is the author of several successful novels and plays as well as more than a dozen philosophical works, including his masterwork, Being and Event (Continuum, 2007), and several Columbia titles, includng Plato's Republic (2013) and Jacques Lacan Past and Present (2016).
- Author(s)Alain Badiou,Georges Didi-Huberman,Jacques Ranciere,Judith Butler,Pierre Bourdieu,Sadri Khiari
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- Series TitleNew Directions in Critical Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number50
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight354 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Translated byJody Gladding
- Introduction byBruno Bosteels
- Format DetailsTrade binding
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £5.39Trending at £6.99
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.99
- £19.24Trending at £19.71
- £10.20Trending at £10.36
- £7.64Trending at £10.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.