All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis charmingly illustrated book follows Greg, a young boy with Asperger's syndrome (AS), as he tells us all about the world as he sees and experiences it, from his love of batteries to the challenges he faces at school. With comprehensive sections for parents and professionals, the book helps increase awareness and understanding of AS.
- Author BiographyAlenka Klemenc has a Master's degree in clinical psychology and works as a marriage and family therapist. Raising a child with Asperger's syndrome (AS) led her to dedicate herself to families with children who have autism spectrum disorders (ASD). She has put much personal effort into trying to get to know the inner world of children with AS - the way they think, feel and react. She started to make her own notes about it, which, after years, resulted in this book. Alenka also helped to organize a support group for parents of children with ASD at the University Children's Hospital in Ljubljana. As the professional leader of the group she listened to other parents' experiences and helped them to express their thoughts, emotions, worries and joys. She co-founded the Center for Integrative Medicine (www.celostnozdravljenje.si), where, as a therapist, she helps couples and families, especially those who are facing challenges raising children with ASD. She is the mother of three children and lives in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Author(s)Alenka Klemenc
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note111 colour illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ursa Rozic
- Foreword byTony Attwood
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.28Trending at £16.36
- £13.31Trending at £13.52
- £36.44Trending at £37.41
- £12.06Trending at £15.87
- £18.92Trending at £19.33
- £6.95Trending at £7.06
- £22.62Trending at £24.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.