Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionAn exploration of the 'upstairs/downstairs' relationship across three centuries of English life. Drawing on literature, contemporary accounts and household manuals, it describes in detail how it came to be that the upper classes felt a need for an ever larger household staff, engaged in every imaginable form of drudgery.
- Author(s)E. S. Turner
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/05/2012
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight388 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.