Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionOur contemporary challenge, according to the authors, is that a new world has quietly cropped up on us and is, in fact, already here. In this book, the authors invite us on an uncharted walk into barely known worlds when an everyday French idiom, What's this world coming to?, is used to question our conventional thinking about the world.
- Author BiographyJean-Luc Nancy is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at the Universite Marc Bloch, Strasbourg. His wide-ranging thought is developed in many books, including The Banality of Heidegger; The Possibility of a World; The Disavowed Community; Ego Sum; and, with Adele Van Reeth, Coming (all Fordham). AURELIEN BARRAU works in the CNRS Laboratory for Subatomic Physics and Cosmology and is Professor of Physics at Joseph Fourier University. Travis Holloway (with Flor Mechain) previously translated What's These Worlds Coming To? by Jean-Luc Nancy and Aurelien Barrau. He is Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Vassar College. Flor Mechain (with Travis Holloway)previously translated What's These Worlds Coming To? by Jean-Luc Nancy and Aurelien Barrau. Mechain is a professional translator. David Pettigrew is Professor of Philosophy at Southern Connecticut State University.
- Author(s)Aurelien Barrau,Jean-Luc Nancy
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- Series TitleForms of Living
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Weight3 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byTravis Holloway,Flor Mechain
- Foreword byDavid Pettigrew
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.