All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShows how life often works at the extremes - with values becoming as small (or as large) as possible - and how mathematicians over the centuries have struggled to calculate these problems of minima and maxima. This is the book on optimization for math enthusiasts of all backgrounds.
- Author BiographyPaul J. Nahin is Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering at the University of New Hampshire. He is the author of many books, including the bestselling An Imaginary Tale: The Story of the Square Root of Minus One , Duelling Idiots and Other Probability Puzzlers , and Dr. Euler's Fabulous Formula: Cures Many Mathematical Ills (all Princeton).
- Author(s)Paul J. Nahin
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/07/2007
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note99 line illus.
- Weight571 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £65.23Trending at £129.99
- £14.18Trending at £15.31
- £10.84Trending at £11.82
- £13.51Trending at £15.64
- £24.68Trending at £35.99
- £17.99Trending at £22.83
- £6.10Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.