Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionBreaking new ground in the understanding of sexuality's complex relationship to colonialism, this book illuminates the attempts at regulating prostitution in colonial Nigeria. It shows, British colonizers saw prostitution as an African form of sexual primitivity and a problem to be solved as part of imperialism's civilizing mission .
- Author BiographySaheed Aderinto is an assistant professor of history at Western Carolina University and co-author of Nigeria, Nationalism, and Writing History.
- Author(s)Saheed Aderinto
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note8 black and white photographs, 9 tables
- Weight558 g
- Width156 mm
- Height159 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.