All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe two Muslim poets featured in Scott Kugle's comparative study lived separate lives during the eighteenth and early-nineteenth centuries in the Deccan region of southern India. Here, they meet in the realm of literary imagination, illuminating the complexity of gender, sexuality, and religious practice in South Asian Islamic culture.
- Author BiographyScott Kugle, associate professor of South Asian and Islamic studies at Emory University, USA is the author of Sufis and Saints' Bodies: Mysticism, Corporeality, and Sacred Power in Islam.
- Author(s)Scott Kugle
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2016
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleIslamic Civilization and Muslim Networks
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note6 halftones, 2 figs., 3 maps
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.