Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £114.95Trending at £116.95
- £89.99Trending at £98.64
- £69.50Trending at £109.79
- £6.99Trending at £9.60
- £8.22Trending at £9.49
- £7.09Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £13.78
About this product
- Author(s)Wessel Stoker
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleCurrents of Encounter
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Out-of-print date18/05/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsPreface Acknowledgements Introduction Art and Spirituality Introduction What Makes Secular Art Spiritual Art? A Heuristic Model Kandinsky: Art as Spiritual Bread Introduction Expressive Art: The Inner Sound Veiled-Figurative Abstraction Geometric and Biomorphic Abstraction A Spirituality of Inwardness: Radical Immanence Rothko: The Tragedy of Human Existence Introduction Myths as the Expression of the Tragic Colour Fields: Filled or Empty? The Rothko Chapel Paintings A Spirituality of Silence Warhol: A Spiritual Business Artist Introduction The Last Supper: A Preliminary Exploration The Image: Simulacrum or Referential? A Spirituality of Everyday Kiefer: Can Heaven Bear the Weight of History? Introduction The Tear in Reality Transformation and Restoration A Spirituality of Concrete The Spiritual Image Introduction The Spiritual Image in Secular Art Spiritual Insights Bibliography Index of Subjects Index of Names List of Paintings
- Author BiographyWessel Stoker is Professor Emeritus of Aesthetics at VU University Amsterdam. He has written various books on topics of philosophy of religion, including Is the Quest for Meaning the Quest for God? (1996) and Is Faith Rational? (2006), and has edited numerous volumes, such as Roman &Religie. Bespiegelingen over godsdienst in Knielen op een bed violen (2009) and Kunst en Religie (2011).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.