All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.99Trending at £5.10
- £20.99Trending at £22.40
- £30.68Trending at £40.83
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of fifty-one poems from the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of 'Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror'. Composed in stanzaic prose, these poems deal with ghosts and presences, some unexpected like Ali Baba, Arabia Deserta, Mrs Hanratty's apron, and others like Holderlin.
- Author BiographyJOHN ASHBERY was born in Rochester, New York, in 1927. He is the author of twenty books of poetry, many available from Carcanet. Widely honoured internationally, in Europe he has received the Horst Bienek Prize from the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts (Munich), the Antonio Feltrinelli International Prize from the Academia Nazionale dei Lincei (Rome), and the Grand Prix de Biennales Internationales de Poesie (Brussels), all for lifetime achievement. He has produced twenty-one volumes of poetry and received the Pulitzer Prize for Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror in 1977. In 2002 he was named Officier of the Legion d'Honneur of the Republic of France.
- Author(s)John Ashbery
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2005
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.