Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins of the Internet by Katie Hafner, Matthew Lyon (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £5.60+ £2.90 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wed-dec2
- See details for delivery est.
- £2.80Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by cmedia_group
- Est. delivery by 1 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1960s, when computers were regarded as giant calculators, J.C.R. Licklider at MIT saw them as the ultimate communication device. With Defence Department funds, he and a band of computer whizzes began work on a nationwide network of computers. This is an account of their daring adventure.
- Author BiographyKatie Hafner</b> is a technology correspondent at <i>Newsweek</i> and coauthor of <i>Cyberpunk: Outlaws and Hackers on the Computer Frontier.</i> Matthew Lyon and Katie Hafner are married and live in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Author(s)Katie Hafner,Matthew Lyon
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication20/06/1998
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note8pp b&w halftones
- Weight299 g
- Width135 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementTouchstone ed
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £3.78Trending at £6.99
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.