All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn White Innocence Gloria Wekker explores a central paradox of Dutch life-the passionate denial of racial discrimination and colonial violence coexisting alongside aggressive racism and xenophobia-to show how the narrative of Dutch racial exceptionalism elides the Netherland's colonial past and safeguards white privilege.
- Author BiographyGloria Wekker is Professor Emeritus of Gender Studies at Utrecht University and the author of several books, including The Politics of Passion: Women's Sexual Culture in the Afro-Surinamese Diaspora.
- Author(s)Gloria Wekker
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication29/04/2016
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note2 photographs
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.49Trending at £4.80
- £3.64Trending at £3.70
- £4.24Trending at £4.75
- £22.29Trending at £23.38
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.