All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased upon three sets of studies in schools in and around Cape Town, Whiteness Is the New South Africa highlights drastic racial disparities, suggesting that educational apartheid continues unabated, potentially fostering future generations of impoverished Black and Coloured communities.
- Author BiographyChristopher B. Knaus is Professor of Education at the University of Washington Tacoma. A respected race scholar, educational practitioner, and community advocate, Dr. Knaus is committed to the non-standardization of schools, cultures, and public spaces. He is the author of the celebrated school-based book project Shut Up and Listen: Teaching Writing That Counts in Urban Schools. M. Christopher Brown II is Executive Vice President and Provost of the Southern University System. Regarded as an international scholar, Dr. Brown is known for his studies of historically black colleges, university governance, educational equity, professorial responsibilities, and institutional contexts. He earned the Phillip Chinn Book Award for The Children Hurricane Katrina Left Behind: Schooling Context, Professional Preparation, and Community Politics.
- Author(s)Christopher B. Knaus,M. Christopher Brown
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication23/11/2015
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleCritical Qualitative Research
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight490 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.94
- £4.37Trending at £4.55
- £9.51Trending at £10.03
- £3.02Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.