All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.37Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £7.48Trending at £8.16
About this product
- DescriptionLooks at some of the best techniques for self-rescue and rescue of others on the river. This title teaches you when to stay with the boat and when not to; how to retrieve a lost boat; how to swim out of trouble and when not to swim; how to reach a victim by wading, swimming, or using ropes; and, how to coordinate a rescue effort.
- Author BiographyCharles Walbridge has 27 years' experience as a whitewater paddler, guide, and instructor. He was safety chair of the American Whitewater Affiliation from 1986 to 1991 and has served the American Canoe Association in the same capacity since 1977. Wayne A. Sundmacher Sr., a professional instructor and certified emergency medical technician, has been teaching safety programs for outdoor enthusiasts and rescue agencies for more than a decade. He has served on safety teams for world-class whitewater races and co-developed the ACA Swiftwater Rescue Program with Charlie Walbridge. Charlie makes his home in Penllyn, Pennsylvania; Wayne in Mercerville, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Charlie Walbridge,Wayne Sundmacher
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/1995
- GenreWater Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRagged Mountain Press
- Content Note120 illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight434 g
- Width189 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.