All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShows you how to carve a sea-worthy old sailor and his crew. In this book, more than 100 step-by-step photos guide you in carving, painting and staining the salty Old Sea Captain and his first and second mates. It also includes patterns for making buoys, lobster traps and wooden crates to set an entire sea-faring scene.
- Author BiographyMike Shipley is a full-time professional woodcarver and teacher with more than 30 years carving experience. A self-taught carver, he is well known for his distinctive clean-cut style of carving and for his Santa figurines. Mike is a production carver, creating 120 carvings each month entirely by hand and finished with his own homemade stain. His carvings are sold at woodcraft shows, online and from his studio in the Ozark Mountains. Mike has been featured in Wood Carving Illustrated magazine.
- Author(s)Mike Shipley
- PublisherFox Chapel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationEast Petersberg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintFox Chapel Publishing
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.73Trending at £5.09
- £3.38Trending at £3.46
- £24.03Trending at £24.44
- £11.79Trending at £12.72
- £6.07Trending at £6.95
- £28.01Trending at £34.22
- £24.33Trending at £36.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.