All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplains the concept of a food chain and how plants, animals, and humans are ecologically linked.
- Author BiographyPatricia Lauber is the author of more than sixty-five books for young readers. Many of them are in the field of science, and their range reflects the diversity of her own interests-bats, dolphins, dogs, volcanoes, earthquakes, the ice ages, the Everglades, the planets, earthworms. Two of her books, SEEDS: POP STICK GLIDE and JOURNEY TO THE PLANETS, were nonfiction nominees for The American Book Awards. She was the 1983 winner of The Washington Post/Children's Book Guild Award for her overall contribution to children's nonfiction literature. As well as writing books, Ms. Lauber has been editor of Junior Scholastic, editor-in-chief of Science World, and chief editor, science and mathematics, of The New Book of Knowledge A graduate of Wellesley College, she is married and lives in Connecticut. When not writing, she enjoys hiking, sailing, traveling, cooking, reading, and listening to music. Holly Keller has illustrated a number of books in the Lets-Read-and-Find-Out Science series, including Be a Friend to Trees. She is also the author and illustrator of many picture books, including Island Baby and Horace. Ms. Keller lives in West Redding, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Patricia Lauber
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication02/02/2016
- GenreChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleLets-Read-and-Find-Out Science Stage 2
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight136 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Holly Keller
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.32Trending at £9.99
- £16.47Trending at £17.02
- £17.50Trending at £25.00
- £2.99Trending at £3.62
- £9.41Trending at £9.99
- £7.02Trending at £8.98
- £7.90Trending at £9.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.