Who Will Write Our History?: Emanuel Ringelblum, the Warsaw Ghetto, and the Oyneg Shabes Archive by Samuel D. Kassow (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £27.65Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery_specialist
- Est. delivery by 3 Sep
- £22.76Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £10.75
- £14.72Trending at £20.17
- £25.51Trending at £37.33
- £14.30Trending at £16.58
- £11.18Trending at £14.99
- £8.50Trending at £10.52
- £19.20Trending at £30.00
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1940, historian Emanuel Ringelblum established a clandestine organization, code named Oyneg Shabes, in Nazi-occupied Warsaw to study and document various facets of Jewish life in wartime Poland. This book tells the story of Ringelblum and his determination to use historical scholarship and the collection of documents to resist Nazi oppression.
- Author BiographySamuel D. Kassow is the Charles Northam Professor of History at Trinity College. He is author of Students, Professors, and the State in Tsarist Russia, 1884-1917 and editor (with Edith W. Clowes) of Between Tsar and People: The Search for a Public Identity in Tsarist Russia. He lives in Hartford, Connecticut.
- PrizesWinner of Runner-up, 2007 National Jewish Book Award in HolocaustWinner, 2008 AAASS/Orbis Book Prize for Polish Studies.
- Author(s)Samuel D. Kassow
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2007
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleThe Helen and Martin Schwartz Lectures in Jewish Studies
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note38 b&w photos, 1 maps
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.