All listings for this product
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £30.00Trending at £36.57
- £13.62Trending at £19.99
- £4.05Trending at £6.98
- £5.95Trending at £9.99
- £6.66Trending at £8.98
- £5.00Trending at £9.99
- £4.89Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionOne day Roger Welsch ventured to ask his father a delicate personal question: Why am I an only child? His father's answer is one of many examples of the delightful and laughter-inducing ribald tales Welsch has compiled from a lifetime of listening to and sharing the folklore of the Plains.
- Author BiographyRoger Welsch is a retired professor of English and anthropology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA and a former essayist for CBS News Sunday Morning. He is the author of more than forty books,including A Treasury of Nebraska Pioneer Folklore (Nebraska, 1966),My Nebraska: The Good, the Bad, and the Husker (Nebraska, 2011), andmost recently, The Reluctant Pilgrim: A Skeptic's Journey into NativeMysteries (Nebraska, 2012). Dick Cavett is the former talk-show host of The Dick Cavett Show. Originally from Nebraska, he was a writer for The Tonight Show for host Johnny Carson and won three Emmy awards throughout his career.
- Author(s)Roger L. Welsch
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Foreword byDick Cavett
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.