Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.70
- £15.91Trending at £19.98
- £13.01Trending at £20.00
- £2.81Trending at £3.57
- £10.99Trending at £14.41
- £2.50Trending at £4.16
- £4.99Trending at £9.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the different levels of citizens' participation in the decision-making process existing in Brazil and Chile. A series of historical and political factors are explored which have favoured or obstructed the existence of participatory schemes in both countries.
- Author BiographyPatricio Silva, Ph.D. (1987) in Political Science, Leiden University, is Professor of Modern Latin American History at Leiden University and Director of the Department of Latin American Studies. He has published extensively on the technocratic phenomenon in Latin America including In the Name of Reason: Technocrats and Politics in Chile (Pennsylvania State University Press, 2008). Herwig Cleuren, Ph.D. (2001) in Sociology of Development, Leiden University, has been Assistant Professor of Modern Latin American Studies at Leiden University. He is the author of several publications on participatory democracy in Brazil and Chile, including 'Local Democracy and Participation in Post-Authoritarian Chile' (European Review of Latin American and Caribbean Studies, 2007).
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight763 g
- Volume editorHerwig Cleuren,Patricio Silva
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.