All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWild Frenchmen and Frenchified Indians offers a distinctive and original reading of racialization in early America. Focusing on cultural cross-dressing from a wide range of sources, Sophie White shows that material culture-especially dress-was central to discourses about race, as colonization was built on encounters mediated by appearance.
- Author BiographySophie White is Associate Professor in the Department of American Studies at the University of Notre Dame.
- Author(s)Sophie White
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleEarly American Studies
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note33 color, 17 b/w
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £22.68
- £0.99Trending at £6.29
- £10.30Trending at £10.47
- £16.61Trending at £16.82
- £14.50Trending at £20.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.