Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionZoos, aquariums, and wildlife parks are vital centers of animal conservation and management. This book presents the thinking and practice in the care and management of wild mammals in zoos and other institutions. It offers information from studies of animal behavior; advances in captive breeding; and new thinking in animal management and welfare.
- Author BiographyDevra G. Kleiman (1942-2010) was principal of Zoo-Logic, LLC in Chevy Chase, Maryland; senior scientist emeritus at the Smithsonian National Zoological Park; and adjunct professor at the University of Maryland. Katerina V. Thompson is director of the Undergraduate Research and Internship Programs in the College of Chemical and Life Sciences at the University of Maryland. Charlotte Kirk Baer is principal of Baer and Associates, LLC in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication10/12/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note100 halftones, 39 line drawings, 67 tables
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byCharlotte Kirk Baer,Devra G. Kleiman,Katerina V. Thompson
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £26.14Trending at £27.45
- £82.97Trending at £89.45
- £24.23Trending at £25.26
- £23.65Trending at £26.16
- £22.21Trending at £24.35
- £16.36Trending at £23.05
- £16.56Trending at £20.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.