CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.48Trending at £6.46
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.14Trending at £9.27
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £15.50Trending at £19.02
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £18.71Trending at £18.96
About this product
- DescriptionTakes us through South African history from the advent of democracy in 1994 to the euphoria of the football World Cup in 2010. This title analyses indigenous rituals of purification on Robben Island, rituals of healing and reconciliation at the national shrine, Freedom Park, and rituals of animal sacrifice at the World Cup.
- Author BiographyDavid Chidester is Professor of Religious Studies at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. He is the author of Authentic Fakes: Religion and American Popular Culture (UC Press), Savage Systems: Colonialism and Comparative Religion in Southern Africa, Christianity: A Global History, Salvation and Suicide: Jim Jones, the Peoples Temple, and Jonestown.
- Author(s)David Chidester
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.