All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn October 1947, Maine experienced the worst fire disaster in its history. Wildfire Loose describes how the fires started and spread so quickly through rural villages, down Millionaire's Row in Bar Harbor, and across southern Maine beach resorts. Originally published in 1979, it remains the definitive account of The Week Maine Burned.
- Author BiographyJoyce Butler has written eight books, most recently a two-volume history of the Kennebunks. She has also written numerous articles for newspapers and magazines. A long-time resident of Kennebunk, Maine, she has been Town Historian since 1990.
- Author(s)Joyce Butler
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDown East Books,U.S.
- Content Note39 black & white halftones, 2 maps
- Weight444 g
- Width154 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.99Trending at £19.92
- £5.90Trending at £9.95
- £7.79Trending at £9.92
- £8.99Trending at £16.88
- £7.68Trending at £9.90
- £6.65Trending at £8.63
- £7.50Trending at £11.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.