All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduces woodland wildflowers to a new generation of outdoor enthusiasts in the Upper Midwest. This book offers information on the many ways in which Native Americans and early pioneers used these plants for everything from pain relief to insecticides to tonics. It is suitable for professionals interested to learn about the wonders of woodlands.
- Author BiographySylvan Runkel (1906-1995) was the coauthor of five books about midwestern wildflowers, including Wildflowers of the Tallgrass Prairie and Wildflowers and Other Plants of Iowa Wetlands. A vigorous promoter of conservation for many years, he was honored in 1996 by the dedication of the Sylvan Runkel State Preserve. Alvin Bull (1925-1982) was the coauthor of three books about midwestern wildflowers, including Wildflowers of Indiana Woodlands and Wildflowers of Illinois Woodlands. He was vice-president of Farm Progress Companies and editorial director for the Indiana Prairie Farmer, Prairie Farmer, Wallaces Farmer, and the Wisconsin Agriculturist.
- Author(s)Alvin F. Bull,Sylvan T. Runkel
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- GenreNatural History: Plants
- Series TitleA Bur Oak Guide
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Content Note128 colour photos
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.