All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.38Trending at £4.52
- £9.51Trending at £9.98
- £2.70Trending at £2.72
- £8.69Trending at £10.34
- £6.35Trending at £7.32
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £7.48Trending at £8.19
About this product
- DescriptionWildlife Forensics: Methods and Applications provides an accessible and practical approach to the key areas involved in this developing subject.
- Author BiographyDr. Jane Huffman, Ph.D. is the director of the Northeast Wildlife DNA Laboratory at East Stroudsburg University, where her work focuses on the application of genetic methods to wildlife law enforcement and conservation management. She runs wildlife DNA forensic training courses for conservation officers from New Jersey and Pennsylvania. She, along with her students, has undertaken a wide range of applied research projects including the development of DNA profiling systems for game species in PA and NJ and microscopic hair characterization. The laboratory provides species identification tests for illegally sold wild meat. She provides forensic analysis and expert witness testimony in PA wildlife crime prosecutions. Dr. Huffman is also the graduate student coordinator for the Department of Biological Sciences at East Stroudsburg University. Dr. John R. Wallace, Ph.D., D-ABFE, F-AAFS, is one of 15 board-certified forensic entomologists and a diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Entomology. Dr. Wallace is a Professor of Biology and focuses on teaching courses in Entomology, Aquatic Biology, Aquatic Entomology, Forensic Entomology, Forensic Science, and Ecology and Evolution. His research interests cover topics such as mosquito and disease ecology as well as mosquito and blackfly surveillance, and the role of aquatic organisms such as insects, algae and crayfish on decomposition within forensic science. As a forensic entomologist, Dr. Wallace has participated in criminal investigations all over the country since 1995. He has taught forensic entomology courses at the University level and workshops at various universities to law enforcement throughout the United States, published more than 45 articles or book chapters in National/International journals. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Science and an active member since 2002. Dr. Wallace is a co-founder and past President of the North American Forensic Entomology Association (NAFEA) in 2005 as well as the editor-elect for the NAFEA newsletter.
- Author(s)Jane E. Huffman,John R. Wallace
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/12/2011
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleDevelopments in Forensic Science
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, colour plates
- Weight604 g
- Width169 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.