Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £8.39Trending at £8.60
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £8.88Trending at £9.58
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £6.98Trending at £7.10
About this product
- DescriptionAn important figure in early American science and letters, William Bartram (1739-1823) has been known almost exclusively for his classic book, Travels . This title presents material in the form of art, letters, and manuscripts that expand our knowledge of Bartram as an explorer, naturalist, artist, writer, and citizen of the early Republic.
- Author BiographyThomas Hallock, assistant professor of English at the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg, is the author of From the Fallen Tree: Frontier Narratives, Environmental Politics, and the Roots of a National Literature, 1749-1826. Nancy E. Hoffmann is an adjunct professor at Villanova University. She coedited the tercentennial reappraisal America's Curious Botanist: John Bartram, 1699-1777.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- Series TitleWormsloe Foundation Nature Book Series
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note96 colour & 7 b&w photos, 1 table, 2 maps
- Weight1882 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byNancy E. Hoffmann,Thomas Hallock
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.