All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA biography of William Beckford that provides a look at eighteenth-century British history from the perspective of the colonies. He was born in 1709 into a family of wealthy sugar planters living in Jamaica, when the colonies were still peripheral to Britain.
- Author BiographyPerry Gauci is a fellow and tutor in history at Lincoln College, University of Oxford. His most recent book is Regulating the British Economy, 1660-1850. He lives in Oxford.
- Author(s)Dr Perry Gauci
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication04/06/2013
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleThe Lewis Walpole Series in Eighteenth-Century Culture and History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note24 b-w illus.
- Weight589 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £5.90Trending at £7.86
- £7.68Trending at £9.99
- £6.65Trending at £8.70
- £7.50Trending at £11.87
- £5.00Trending at £5.58
- £4.97Trending at £6.99
- £11.33Trending at £15.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.