Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £12.06Trending at £15.18
- £10.75Trending at £12.26
- £3.99Trending at £6.98
- £11.33Trending at £14.48
- £9.97Trending at £10.99
- £4.63Trending at £5.98
- £11.51Trending at £11.98
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a transcript of the handwritten log kept by William Broughton on his voyage to the North Pacific (1795-98), together with supplementary letters and the journal of Broughton's journey across Mexico.
- Author BiographyAndrew David served for more than forty years in the Royal Navy as a Hydrographic Surveyor, including a period (1961-85) in the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office. Among his many publications is The Voyage of HMS Herald to Australia and the Pacific 1852-1861 (1950). He was also the chief editor of the Society's The Charts and Coastal Views of Captain Cook's Voyages (1988-97) and one of the editors of the Society's The Malaspina Expedition 1789-1794: Journal of the Voyage by Alejandro Malaspina (2001-4). He served as a Vice-President of the Society between 1997 and 2002, and in 2006 he was the first recipient of the Society's The President's Medal. Barry Gough is an authority on the histories of Maritime enterprise, exploration and related imperial affairs. He is the author of several works on the subject, most recently Fortune's a River: The Collision of Empires in Northwest America (2008). A collection of his articles and book chapters was published by Ashgate Variorum in Britain, Canada and the North Pacific: Maritime Enterprise and Dominion, 1778-1914 (2004). He is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society, Archives Fellow of Churchill College, and a Fellow of King's College, London. He is Professor Emeritus, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario. He was editor of the Society's To the Pacific and Arctic with Beechey (1973), and author of The Northwest Coast: British Navigation, Trade and Discoveries to 1812 (1992).
- Author(s)Professor Barry M. Gough
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleHakluyt Society Third Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 22
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHakluyt Society
- Content NoteIncludes 10 b&w illustrations and 12 maps
- Weight1088 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byAndrew David
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.