All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn partnership with the RSC, Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen present William Shakespeare and Others: Collaborative Plays. Bringing together, for the first time in a hundred years, the fascinatingly varied body of plays that became known as 'The Shakespeare Apocrypha', this is the companion to the UK bestseller The RSC Shakespeare: Complete Works.
- Author BiographyJONATHAN BATE is Provost of Worcester College and Professor of English Literature in the University of Oxford, UK. Well known as a critic, biographer and broadcaster, he has held visiting posts at Harvard, Yale and UCLA, and was previously King Alfred Professor at the University of Liverpool and Professor of Shakespeare at the University of Warwick. Among his many books are a biography of Shakespeare, Soul of the Age, and a history of his fame, The Genius of Shakespeare. His biography of the poet John Clare won Britain's two oldest literary awards, the Hawthornden Prize and the James Tait Black Prize. His one-man play for Simon Callow, Being Shakespeare, was performed in Edinburgh, London, New York and Chicago, and he was consultant curator for the British Museum's major exhibition for the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad, Shakespeare Staging the World. He is a Governor of the Royal Shakespeare Company, Vice-President (Humanities) of the British Academy, and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. Eric Rasmussen is Foundation Professor of English and Chair at the University of Nevada. His recent publications include the award-winning catalogue raisonne The Shakespeare First Folios: A Descriptive Catalogue, co-edited with Anthony James West, and its companion volume The Shakespeare Thefts: In Search of the First Folios (Palgrave Macmillan). He is co-author, with Lars Engle, of Studying Shakespeare's Contemporaries (Wiley Blackwell) and is an editor of The Norton Anthology of English Renaissance Drama, and of plays in the Arden Shakespeare series, the New Variorum Shakespeare, the Oxford World's Classics series, the Revels Plays series, and the Cambridge Complete Works of Ben Jonson. He has served on the Board of Trustees of the Shakespeare Association of America, on the General Council of the Malone Society, and as General Textual Editor of the Internet Shakespeare Editions Project - one of the most visited Shakespearean websites in the world.
- PrizesWinner of Falstaff Awards: Best Book, Publication, or Recording 2013.
- Author(s)Eric Rasmussen,Jonathan Bate
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe RSC Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note752 p.
- Width177 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.95Trending at £8.99
- £25.75Trending at £26.99
- £7.11Trending at £7.39
- £7.28Trending at £9.98
- £6.79Trending at £9.01
- £4.99Trending at £9.98
- £5.46Trending at £10.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.