All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £22.52Trending at £23.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
- £31.22Trending at £32.33
- £28.95Trending at £29.73
About this product
- Author(s)Dennis R. Hower,Emma Wright,Janis Walter
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication14/10/2015
- GenreNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1134 g
- Width206 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement8th edition
- Table Of Contents1. The Concept of Property Related to Wills, Trusts, and Estate Administration. 2. The Estate Plan, and the Purpose and Need for a Will. 3. The Law of Succession: Death Testate or Intestate. 4. Wills: Validity Requirements, Modification, Revocation, and Contests. 5. Preparation to Draft a Will: Checklists and the Conference with the Client. 6. Final Draft and Execution of a Valid Will. 7. The Participants and the Proper Court. 8. Personal Representatives: Types, Pre-Probate Duties, and Appointment. 9. Probate and Estate Administration. 10. Informal Probate Administration. 11. Tax Considerations in the Administration of Estates. 12. Introduction to Trusts. 13. Classification of Trusts, the Living Trust, and Other Special Trusts. 14. Estate Planning. 15. Long-Term Care. Appendix A: Sample Marital Deduction Testamentary Trust. Glossary. Index.
- Author BiographyJanis Walter, J.D., is a professor of Paralegal Studies at the University of Cincinnati where she coordinates and teaches in the university's ABA-approved paralegal program, a position she has held since 1988. She has served as the chair of the American Bar Association's Approval Commission on Paralegals since 2012 and previously served as a commissioner and on the Standing Committee for Paralegals. In addition, she has chaired and served as the educational representative on many site teams evaluating paralegal programs. An active member of the American Association for Paralegal Education, Professor Walter has developed model syllabi and served as editor of the PARALEGAL EDUCATOR. She has presented at many different forums on topics ranging from teaching effectiveness to handling adoptions. She is also the author of THE OHIO COURTS, widely popular CD case studies covering civil litigation, criminal law, and family law, and developed three learning labs for a virtual law office. Professor Walter holds a bachelor's degree in Political Science and a law degree from Salmon P. Chase College of Law. She is licensed to practice in Kentucky and Ohio and before the United States Supreme Court. Emma Wright is an adjunct professor in the Paralegal Studies Program at the University of Cincinnati. In addition to teaching in a traditional classroom setting, Emma has implemented distance learning classes into the program and has integrated technology into her traditional classes. She has participated in numerous site visits on behalf of the American Bar Association's Approval Commission. She is also an active member of the American Association for Paralegal Education, serving on the national conference committee and presenting at regional conferences. Emma is a partner in the Wright Law Group where she focuses her practice on Estate Administration, Family Law, and Criminal Law. Currently a practicing lawyer, Dennis R. Hower is formerly a professor for the University of Minnesota. In 1983, the university presented him with the Horace T. Morse Amoco Foundation Award for outstanding contributions to undergraduate education.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.