All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter being unjustly committed to a mental institution, Connie Ramos is contacted by an envoy from the year 2137, who shows her a utopian future of sexual and racial equality and environmental harmony. But Connie also bears witness to another potential outcome: a dystopian society of grotesque exploitation.
- Author BiographyMarge Piercy is the author of seventeen novels including the classic Woman on the Edge of Time; nineteen volumes of poetry; four non-fiction books as well as her critically acclaimed memoir. Born in Detroit, educated at the University of Michigan, and the recipient of four honorary doctorates, she has been a key player in many of the major progressive political battles of our time, including the anti-Vietnam war and the women's movement, and more recently an active participant in the resistance to the war in Iraq. Praised as one of the few American writers who are accomplished poets as well as novelists - Piercy is one of the country's bestselling poets - she is also the master of many genres: historical novels, science fiction (for which she won the Arthur C. Clarke Award for Best Science Fiction in the United Kingdom), novels of social comment and contemporary entertainments. She has taught, lectured, and performed her work at well over 400 universities around the world.
- Author(s)Marge Piercy
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- GenreScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintDel Rey
- Weight294 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- suedorey4210 Jun, 2017by
Mare Piercy''s book is not quite as I remember it having read it in the 90s. I feel writing has moved on with newer authors. Subject matter though is still relevant in talking about futuristic equal societies and the hardship of those in today's society has not changed.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New