All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.21Trending at £12.34
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
- £11.77Trending at £14.47
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for economists, sociologists, development workers, and activists, this book highlights the key issue of how the role of women in economic development has or has not changed over the past decades in developing countries. It covers topics ranging from women and inequality, international and national migration, to conflict, HIV and AIDS.
- Author BiographyEster Boserup (1910-1999) was born in Denmark. A respected economist, she worked for many years as a researcher and consultant with the United Nations and other international organizations. Her other works include The Conditions of Agricultural Growth. Nazneen Kanji is Director of a Quality of Life assessment programme with the Aga Khan Development Network. Su Fei Tan is a Researcher at the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) currently studying the linkages between decentralization and local management of natural resources. Camilla Toulmin is Director of IIED, an economist and co-editor of Towards a New Map of Africa (2005).
- Author(s)Camilla Toulmin,Ester Boserup,Su Fei Tan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Introduction byNazneen Kanji
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.