All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooking at women, business and finance in the nineteenth century, this book takes a look at women's roles in finance and investment, family-owned businesses, retailing, service activities, and the artisanal trades. It reveals that elite and middle-class women often manipulated financial resources in a highly sophisticated manner.
- Author BiographyRobert Beachy is Assistant Professor of History at Goucher College, USA. Beatrice Craig is Associate Professor of History at the University of Ottawa, Canada. Alastair Owens is Lecturer in Geography at Queen Mary, University of London.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note26 tables, bibliography, index
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBeatrice Craig,Dr. Alastair Owens,Robert Beachy
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.34Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £16.55Trending at £19.32
- £6.32Trending at £6.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.