Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £16.03
- £28.65Trending at £29.98
- £19.77Trending at £21.58
- £25.68Trending at £27.82
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £23.71Trending at £26.08
- £22.69Trending at £24.22
About this product
- Author(s)Rosemary L. Barberet
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleGlobal Issues in Crime and Justice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction Section I. Global Forces Chapter 1: Theory and Method Chapter 2: Women, Globalization and Development Chapter 3: International Law, Human Rights, International Organizations, and Global Women's Activism Section II. Violence Against Women Chapter 4: Violence Against Women in Peacetime Chapter 5: Violence Against Women in Conflict and Post Conflict Settings Chapter 6: Sex work, Prostitution and Trafficking for Sexual Exploitation Section III. Justice for Women Chapter 7: Women and Offending Chapter 8: Women and Incarceration Chapter 9: Women as Justice Professionals Chapter 10: Conclusions and the way forward Appendices: 1. Films 2. Biographies.
- Author BiographyRosemary Barberet is an Associate Professor in the Sociology Department of the John Jay College for Criminal Justice, where she currently directs the Master of Arts degree program in International Crime and Justice. A native of Connecticut, USA who was trained in criminology in the United States (PhD, University of Maryland, 1994), she has spent most of her academic career to date in Europe (Spain and England). Dr. Barberet has chaired the International Division of the American Society of Criminology and currently represents the International Sociological Association at the United Nations. Rosemary Barberet was awarded the Herbert Bloch Award by the American Society of Criminology for service to the society and to the professional interests of criminology, as well as the Rafael Salillas Award of the Sociedad Espanola de Investigacion Criminologica.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.