All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.74
- £8.49Trending at £9.59
- £8.96Trending at £9.40
- £6.50Trending at £11.99
- £26.39Trending at £29.73
- £11.09Trending at £13.43
- £21.99Trending at £25.61
About this product
- DescriptionDocuments women's influence on popular culture in twentieth-century China by examining Yue opera. This title documents and analyzes the origins and development of the genre and its unique role in modern Chinese culture. It looks at Chinese women's struggle to control their lives, careers, and public images.
- Author BiographyJin Jiang is professor of history and director of the Center for Gender and Cultural Studies at East China Normal University, Shanghai. She is a contributor to Some of Us: Chinese Women Growing Up in the Mao Era.
- Author(s)Jin Jiang
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication25/01/2009
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDonald R. Ellegood International Publications
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note26 illus.
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.