CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £21.99Trending at £32.96
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £14.48Trending at £15.94
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.88Trending at £4.96
About this product
- DescriptionThis book compares British, French, and American legislative debates on woman suffrage and women's rights. Beginning with an analysis of Tocqueville and J.S. Mill on the impact of suffrage, the book continues with analysis of floor debates, comparing gender style, the French on parity and the Americans on the ERA and concluding with modern debates.
- Author BiographyHarriet B. Applewhite retired after 40 years with the Political Science department at Southern Connecticut State University, USA and was named a University Professor and won the Faculty Scholar Award. She is the editor of Women in Revolutionary Paris, 1789-1795 (1981) with Darline Gay Levy and Mary Durham Johnson, and Women in the Age of the Democratic Revolution (1993), with Darline Gay Levy.
- Author(s)Harriet Branson Applewhite
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight415 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.