CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionThis study presents a fresh approach to novels that combine the traditions of romance and realism to offer a more detailed view of contemporary life. Women are seen as the prototypical Other in partiarchal societies, as can be seen in the first four novelists: Welty, Naylor, Atwood and Lessing.
- Author BiographyTHELMA J. SHINN is Professor of English and Women's Studies at Arizona State University. She has published in such journals as Contemporary Literature, Explorations in Ethnic Studies, Nathaniel Hawthorne Journal, Literature and Psychology, and Modern Drama. She is the author of Radiant Daughters: Fictional American Women (Greenwood, 1986) and Worlds Within Women: Myth and Mythmaking in Fantastic Literature by Women (Greenwood, 1986).
- Author(s)Thelma J. Shinn,Thelma J. Y. Richard
- Date of Publication30/09/1996
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContributions in Women's Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 156.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight462 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.