Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.14
- £16.56Trending at £25.03
- £22.52Trending at £23.14
- £21.48Trending at £23.41
- £20.99Trending at £25.01
- £31.22Trending at £32.37
- £28.95Trending at £29.77
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a detailed ethnography of traditional, predominantly upper-caste, sequestered Hindu women in the south-eastern Indian temple town of Bhubaneswar. Offering a clear portrait of these women, it interprets, rather than translates, their lives.
- Author BiographyUsha Menon received her Ph. D. (with Honors) in Human Development from the University of Chicago in 1995. She has done fieldwork in the temple town of Bhubaneswar in Odisha, as well as in the northern Indian city of Meerut. She has written extensively on different aspects of Hindu society and civilization, in particular on goddess worship, family dynamics, gender relations, Hindu morality, Hindu women and liberal feminism, and Hindu-Muslim religious violence.
- Author(s)Usha Menon
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note4 Tables, black and white; 9 Illustrations, black and white; XIX, 244 p. 9 illus.
- Weight561 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2013 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.