Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.30Trending at £7.43
- £7.11Trending at £7.51
- £7.85Trending at £10.98
- £9.83Trending at £14.96
- £13.91Trending at £19.99
- £4.57Trending at £4.94
- £6.72Trending at £6.88
About this product
- DescriptionMoving away from traditional studies of Gothic domesticity based on symbolism, Soon instead focuses on domestic space's material presence and the traces it leaves on the human subjects inhabiting it. Approaching novels and films such as Beloved and The Exorcist , this study intersects psychoanalysis, phenomenology, and various spatial theories.
- Author BiographyAndrew Hock Soon Ng is Associate Professor at Monash University Malaysia, where he teaches theories of authorship, contemporary fiction, and postcolonial literature. His publications include Dimensions of Monstrosity in Contemporary Narratives (2004), Interrogating Interstices (2008) and Intimating the Sacred (2011).
- Author(s)Hock-Soon Andrew
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/07/2015
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleGeocriticism and Spatial Literary Studies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteXIII, 246 p.
- Weight460 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.