All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides specific research-based strategies for both the individual and the organization to promote an organizational culture of nondiscrimination, diversity and inclusion.
- Author BiographyGary N. Powell, Ph.D., is Professor of Management, Ackerman Scholar, and Director of the Ph.D. Program in the School of Business at the University of Connecticut. He is author of Women and Men in Management (4th ed.), editor of Handbook of Gender and Work, and author of Managing a Diverse Workforce: Learning Activities (3rd ed.). He is an internationally recognized scholar and educator on gender and diversity issues in the workplace. His graduate course on women and men in management won an award on innovation in education from the Committee on Equal Opportunity for Women of the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). He also has won the University of Connecticut School of Business Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award (three times) and Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award. He has received the University of Connecticut President's Award for Promoting Multiculturalism. He has served as Chair of the Women in Management (now Gender and Diversity in Organizations) Division of the Academy of Management and received both the Janet Chusmir Service Award for his contributions to the division and the Sage Scholarship Award for his contributions to research on gender in organizations. He has published over 110 articles in journals such as Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management, Journal of Business Venturing, and Personnel Psychology; contributed over 25 chapters to edited volumes; and presented over 130 papers at professional conferences. He is a Fellow of the British Academy of Management and Eastern Academy of Management. He has served on the Board of Governors of the Academy of Management and as President of the Eastern Academy of Management. He has served on the Editorial Board of Academy of Management Review, Journal of Management, Journal of Management Studies, Human Relations, and Academy of Management Executive. Prior to joining the faculty at UConn, he worked at General Electric, graduating from its Manufacturing Management Program. At GE, he designed and implemented automated project scheduling systems as well as systems for inventory control, materials procurement, and so on. He has provided management training and development for many companies, including Webster Financial Corp., The Hartford Financial Services Group, The Implementation Partners (TIP), GE-Capital, General Signal, Apple Computer, Monroe Auto Equipment, AllState, and CIGNA, and has conducted numerous other workshops.He holds a doctorate in organizational behavior and a master's degree in management science from the University of Massachusetts, and a bachelor's degree in management from MIT.
- Author(s)Gary N. Powell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.99
- £13.79Trending at £20.08
- £23.44Trending at £40.18
- £9.70Trending at £10.25
- £20.62Trending at £29.99
- £4.45Trending at £5.01
- £7.36Trending at £9.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.