CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionContains essays which analyze the social, political, economic, and cultural forces that shape gender systems in the Middle East and North Africa. This volume includes essays that also analyze Arab disillusionment with the radical nationalisms of the 1950s and 1960s and with leftist ideologies, as well as the rise of political Islamist movements.
- Author BiographySuad Joseph is Professor of Anthropology and Women's Studies at the University of California, Davis. She is the author of Intimate Selving in Arab Families: Gender, Self and Identity and Gender and Citizenship in the Middle East, general editor of the Encyclopedia of Women and Islamic Cultures and editor of Gender and Citizenship in the Middle East. Susan Slyomovics is Genevieve McMillan-Reba Stewart Professor of the Study of Women in the Developing World and Professor of Anthropology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She is the author of The Object of Memory: Arab and Jew Narrate the Palestinian Village (also available from the University of Pennsylvania Press), winner of the 1999 Albert Hourani Book Award given by the Middle East Studies Association, and the 1999 Chicago Folklore Prize.
- Author(s)Susan Slyomovics
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2000
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note22 illus.
- Weight364 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited bySuad Joseph,Susan Slyomovics
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.