All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the way ancient and medieval authors wrote about women, this book describes the marginal role women played in origin legends from antiquity until the twelfth century. It probes the tensions between women in biblical, classical, and medieval myths, and actual women in ancient and medieval societies.
- Author BiographyPatrick J. Geary is Professor of History at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is the author of Before France and Germany: The Creation and Transformation of the Merovingian World (Oxford); Living with the Dead in the Middle Ages; Phantoms of Remembrance: Memory and Oblivion at the End of the First Millennium (Princeton); and The Myth of Nations: The Medieval Origins of Europe (Princeton).
- Author(s)Patrick J. Geary
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2006
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight28 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £22.62Trending at £23.38
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £21.94Trending at £22.11
- £9.97Trending at £12.03
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.