Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £18.70+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £13.55Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.24Trending at £10.96
- £19.99Trending at £22.59
- £30.79Trending at £34.26
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
About this product
- DescriptionHow did African women negotiate the complex political, economic, and social forces of colonialism in their daily lives? How did they make meaningful lives for themselves in a world that challenged fundamental notions of work, sexuality, marriage, motherhood, and family? This title challenges the notion of homogeneous 'African women's experience'.
- Author BiographyJean Allman teaches African History at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. She is author of The Quills of the Porcupine: Asante Nationalism in an Emergent Ghana and co-author (with Victoria Tashjian) of I Will Not Eat Stone : A Women's History of Colonial Asante. Her research on gender, colonialism, and social change has appeared in numerous journals.Susan Geiger is Professor Emeritus of Women's Studies at the University of Minnesota. She is author of TANU Women: Gender and Culture Change in the Making of Tanganyikan Nationalism, 1955-65. She has published over a dozen articles on African women's history and the uses of life history in historical research. She serves on the editorial board of SIGNS.Nakanyike Musisi is Director of Makerere Institute of Social Research at Makerere University in Kampala, Uganda. She has authored many chapters and articles on Baganda women. Her research interests include state formation, customary law, education, and environmental issues.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2002
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note2 b&w photos, 2 maps, 1 index
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byJean Allman,Nakanyike Musisi,Susan Geiger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.